2013. október 31., csütörtök

theatlantic: On Becoming a Father At 11:02pm, on Thursday,...

http://localsearchmarketingservices.tumblr.com/post/60500928530
theatlantic:

On Becoming a Father

At 11:02pm, on Thursday,...


theatlantic:



On Becoming a Father



At 11:02pm, on Thursday, August 29, my son entered the world, taking his first breaths calmly in my wife’s arms.


Since then, I’ve avoided writing about him. For one, I have not wanted to process this experience in real-time. Everything’s always changing, like the little micro expressions that canter across his face and then disappear the second I bring my camera to the ready, and I just don’t know anything yet about being a dad. 


Friends of ours who had a baby two weeks before we did refer to their own “birth” as parents when their little boy came into being. That’s how I feel, like a newborn, unsure when to eat, in-and-out of the dream world, and as likely to provide a coherent answer about fatherhood as my little boy is when we ask, “Why are you the most beautiful thing on Earth?”


Read more.


Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése